Tolkien Geek

Blogging J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and other aimless pursuits.

8/03/2005

So how exactly do you "blog" The Lord of the Rings?

Good question. Basically, I'm going to read each chapter and reflect on a number of things that come to mind and write them down. It's going to be a very personal account of my reading of the books that will include what I like most and least about the story, the characters, the pacing, etc.

I plan on bringing in other materials from writings by Tolkien as well as writings about Tolkien. I'll probably even discuss interesting details from the History of Middle-Earth series about the book's development and how everything came to be in its final form.

It's a tall order, I know. And the audience is limited. But first and foremost it'll be chronicle of my experience reading it. My two biggest hopes are that the task doesn't turn out to be more pain than pleasure and that it won't consume so much of my time that I neglect the other important things in life...my family, my other blog and the NFL season.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A noble effort. Go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home