Tolkien Geek

Blogging J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and other aimless pursuits.

12/15/2012

A Brief Pause

Some of you may have noticed the name of my location at the bottom of the right sidebar.  It's Sandy Hook, CT.

Sandy Hook Elementary School is my youngest son's school.  He is safe and sound and we are so grateful that he is with us.

Unfortunately, we know of at least three parents with a connection to us who have suffered great loss.  There is one child in particular who we knew well.  She was a beautiful, sweet little 1st grader who just celebrated her seventh birthday this past Tuesday.

Words cannot express the grief that we are feeling in this community.

I'm not sure exactly when I will be able to see "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey".  At this point, I need this kind of escape from the horror that we have been going through.  But my review of the film will most likely not be up for at least a week.

I ask all of you for your thoughts and prayers for the families affected by this tragedy as well as our town in general.  This is a very difficult time for us.

God Bless.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God your son is safe!! Praying for you all. God bless.

Namarie, Anne Marie :)

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Robbo said...

That was just about the first question that sprang to mind when the news broke. Very glad your family is safe, but I know I can't begin to imagine what things must be like now. Take care and Yip! Yip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home